On the 22th of Dec 2023, UPSC published the CDS 1 Notification 2023 on its official website. The CDS exam is critical for candidates who want to join the Indian Armed Forces. The United Defense Service, or CDS, recruits’ officials for the Indian armed forces. UPSC organize a Combined Defense Service Examination for recruitment to the Indian Army, Air Force, and Water Force.
CDS 1 Notification 2023
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has begun the registration process for 339 people to be hired through the Combined Defense Services Exam 2 2022. From 18 May to 07 June 2022, eligible and interested candidates can submit their UPSC CDS 2 Online Application at upsconline.nic.in. You may also withdraw your application between June 14 and June 20, 2022.
|Organization||Union Public Service Commission|
|Exam Name||CDS 1 2023|
|CDS 1 Online Registration||21th Dec to 10th Jan 2023|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Selection Process||Written Test- Interview- Medical Examination|
|Language of Written Exam||Bilingual|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Type of Questions||MCQ|
|CDS 2 Exam Duration||2 hours (Each Paper)|
|Marking Scheme||1/3 for Each Incorrect Answer|
|Job Location||All Over India|
Shortlisted candidates will be admitted to Indian Military Academy (IMA) Dehradun, Indian Naval Academy (INA), Ezhimala, Air Force Academy Hyderabad, Officers’ Training Academy Chennai (Madras), and Officers Training Academy, Chennai after passing the SSB Interview.
CDS 1 Notification 2023 Important Dates
The UPSC has announced the CDS exam dates 2023 for CDS I exams, as well as the UPSC Calendar 2023. The CDS I 2023 exam will be held on April 16, 2023, according to the notification. Check all of the important dates for the CDS 1 2023 exam and set a reminder to avoid missing any of them.
|UPSC CDS 2 Notification Date||21 Dec 2023|
|UPSC CDS 2 Online Application Starting Date||21 Dec 2023|
|UPSC CDS 2 Online Application Last Date||10 Jan 2023|
|Modify / Edit Form||18-24 January 2023|
|UPSC CDS 2 Exam Date||16 April 2023|
|UPSC CDS 2 Admit Card Date||Before Exam|
CDS 1 Notification 2023 Vacancy Details
Along with the official CDS 1 Notification, the new vacancies to be filled through the CDS 1 2023 examination for the course beginning in 2023 have been announced. CDS 1 2023 has announced 399 vacancies for the Indian Air Force, Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, and Officer’s Training Academy. Take a look at the CDS-2 2022 Exam Vacancy Distribution.
|CDS Vacancy 2022 for CDS 2 Exam|
|Name of the academy||Number of Vacancies|
|Indian Military Academy, Dehradun||100|
|Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala||22|
|Air Force Academy, Hyderabad||32|
|Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai (Madras) SSC Men||170|
|Officers Training Academy, Chennai SSC Women||17|
CDS 1 Notification 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must meet the Union Public Service Commission’s eligibility requirements for defense recruitment. Check your eligibility (nationality, education, age, marital status, and gender) from the list below.
- A candidate must be an Indian citizen, a subject of Nepal/Bhutan, or a Tibetan refugee who migrated to India before January 1, 1962, with the intention of permanent settlement, or an individual of Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Burma, Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Malawi, Zambia, Zaire, or Vietnam with the intention of permanent settlement in India.
- For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy – A graduation degree (any subject) from a recognized university or equivalent is required.
- For Indian Naval Academy, the candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in engineering from a recognized university/institution.
- Candidates for the Air Force Academy must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university (with Physics and Mathematics at the 10+2 level) or a Bachelor of Engineering.
- The candidate should be between the ages of 20 and 24. The official notification pdf contains detailed age limit information.
Marital Status & Sexual Orientation
- Only unmarried males are eligible to apply for the CDS Exam for Indian Military Academy and Indian Naval Academy.
- Both married and unmarried males may apply to the Indian Air Force Academy; however, marriage during training is not permitted.
- Unmarried males and females can apply for the Officer Training Academy by taking the CDS Exam.
How to Apply for CDS 2 Notification 2022 Online?
The online registration period for the CDS II Exam 2022 has been set for May 18th to June 7th, 2022. Online applications can be submitted until 6:00 p.m. on June 7, 2022. Those interested in the positions should apply well ahead of the deadline to avoid any last-minute complications. All qualified candidates can apply online for the CDS II exam 2022 by clicking on the link provided below.
To complete your CDS 2 exam registration, follow the steps outlined below.
- Go to the UPSC official website, www.upsc.gov.in, or apply directly from the above link.
- Go to the homepage and navigate to Examination >> Active Examinations >> Online Application for UPSC CDS 2 Exam.
- Select “Part-1” for Combined Defense Examination (I) 2023.
- Carefully read all of the instructions before clicking “Yes.”
- You will be redirected to a new page; begin correctly filling out your information.
- Carefully select your preferences before proceeding to Part II.
- As previously discussed, pay the required application fee online or offline.
- From the list, choose the desired examination center.
- Include scanned documents in the application form.
- Review all of the information and click “Submit.” Make a copy of the application form for future use.
CDS 1 Notification 2023 Application Fee
The CDS 2022 examination fee is Rs. 200/- for all categories except SC/ST/Females (exempted from fee payment). Payment can be made online or offline (via Net Banking, Mastercard/Debit Card, or cash deposit at any SBI Bank branch).
CDS 1 Notification 2023 Selection Procedure
The following criteria will be used to fill AFA, IMA, INA, and Officers Training Academy positions:
- Written Examination
- SSB Interview/Personality Examination
- Document Validation
- Medical Examine
CDS 1 2023 Exam Pattern
To be selected for the interview round, candidates must pass the CDS Written Examination. Examine the exam pattern for each position listed below.
|For Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy|
|2||General Knowledge||120||2 hours|
|3||Elementary Mathematics||100||2 hours|
|For Officers’ Training Academy|
|2||General Knowledge||100||2 hours|
- Each paper will contain multiple-choice questions.
- The General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics question papers will be set in both Hindi and English.
- A wrong answer will result in a 1/3 mark penalty.
- Each exam has a separate time limit of 2 hours.
The maximum marks allotted to the written examination and the interviews will be equal for each course, i.e., 300, 300, 300, and 200 for admission to the Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy, and Officers’ Training Academy, respectively.
So, all the aspirants interested for the job can once review the CDS 2 Notification 2022 from the official website.